Four Fresh Facts Begging SDAs to Correct a Misunderstanding
1. SDA pioneers believed that the Judgment in Daniel 7:9,10 began on the Day of Atonement in 1844.
2. They overlooked the context of the “great words” in the verse before and after–Daniel 7:8,11,20,25. (The “little horn” was the papacy that grew out of the Roman Empire, the 4th beast in Daniel 7.)
3. Napoleon took the pope prisoner in 1798 and he died in exile. The horn had no great words in 1844.
4. But in 2015, ON the Day of Atonement, the pope had great words for Congress on Sept 24, the 10th day from when the 7th new moon was seen. Dan 7:9-14 is being fulfilled NOW. Ellen White says Daniel 7:13 is the same event as the coming of the Bridegroom to the marriage in Great Controversy, p 426.
The means there is a transition from “the time of the dead that they should be judged” (Rev 11:18 ) to the judgment of the living and it will have life or death events as in Daniel 1-6.
Rightly understood, this enables us to do what the Angel told John after his bitter belly– “prophesy again!” Rev 10:11. This information means that the 1st angel’s message of judgment should be proclaimed with the “midnight cry”– “the Bridegroom comes!” as pioneers did in 1844, Great Controversy, p 398.
The message of judgment is a warning, and it is balanced by Good News–the Bridegroom comes to deliver us. “Daniel” means God is my Judge; God delivered him, Daniel 1-6. The book of Judges also shows those judges as deliverers.
God came as judge to Egypt but He came as Bridegroom to Israel. There was a “midnight cry” (Matt 25:6; Exod 12:29,30) God delivered Israel and they became His bride when they covenanted to be His kingdom; see Exod 19:5,6 and Jer 3:14.
We misunderstand the wedding parables if we think they are about a rapture or 2nd coming in the sky. They are about a covenant relationship that we must have with Christ.
Ellen White’s last definition of the church is a “covenant-keeping people…and to them will be fulfilled all the covenant promises made by Jehovah to that ancient people.” PK 713,714. This includes the New Covenant Promise to write His laws in our hearts—we must have this before He comes in the sky.
If we are faithful to the covenant that we must make with Him, it will preserve us through end-times when He will defend us as He did Israel, see Exod 34:10. We need a better understanding of the wedding parables, but first, here are five brief reasons why judgment is impending–five “when-then” signs for End-Times to begin in 2016.
- Signs of Decay. The Supreme Court redefined marriage for some. Christ said end-times would be as the days of Lot. Destruction fell when Lot fled Sodom. Luke 17:29.
- Signs of Destruction. Six nations ended a 12-year standoff in a nuclear agreement with Iran, and now Iran is not agreeing with what they agreed. “The day of the Lord comes as a thief in the night, for when they say ‘Peace and safety,’ sudden destruction comes…” 1Thessalonians 5:2,3.
- Signs of War. Gabriel said the horns on the ram in Daniel’s vision were kings of Media and Persia, but those areas are now Iraq and Iran. Gabriel also said, “the vision is at the time of the end,” Daniel 8:17. Some best-selling authors are now seeing an end-time application for the book of Daniel, as the unsealed meaning! Daniel saw a ram was pushing west, north and south, Dan 8:5. West is Europe and its invasion by Islam is apocalyptic.
- Signs of Martial Law. In Christ’s warning of end-times, he said to flee “when you see the abomination… standing where it ought not, Mark 13:14. The early believers understood that reference to military and when the Roman army came to Jerusalem, they fled and were spared the siege by Titus in 70 AD. But now, US military stood “where it ought not” in a drill (JADE HELM) covering the southwest USA last summer.
- “The sun shall be darkened and the moon turned to blood before the day of the Lord,” Joel 2:31. The word for “before” is paniym, which means “facing.” This suggests that end-times are impending for 2016, based on all of the above signs in 2015.
More signs could be given, but this should be enough to see that judgment is impending on America. But doesn’t the Bible say, “Judgment must begin at the house of God”? (1Peter 4:17).
Before looking at the wedding message from Christ’s parables, please consider reasons why the Adventist Church will receive judgment…
- The church was called into existence to proclaim the 3 angels’ messages. Unwillingness to proclaim the time of judgment to warn others may mean that judgment falls on the church in order to still convey the message to the world.
- Rightly understanding the church’s rejection of truth from 1888 till now, it deserves judgment and further reasons may be considered here– http://TheBridegroomComes.wordpress.com