War with Iran: a Tragedy of False Belief
In a message to Iran on July 6, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said, “We have a duty to prepare for the coming [Mahdi]…
If we are the soldiers of the 12th imam, then we must be ready to fight. With the guidance of Allah…we shall make the Islamic civilization proud.”
Islam teaches that wars must engulf the Earth, during which one-third of the world’s population will die fighting and another third from hunger. Israel is to be destroyed, and only then will the 12th imam, Mahdi, reappear and kill all the infidels, raising the flag of Islam in all corners of the world.
Revelation 8:8 has similar one-third imagery preceding the return of Christ.
The Quran teaches that Ishmael was given the land promised to Abraham and that Ishmael was the son spared from being sacrificed by a ram. They celebrate this ram sacrifice, Al Adha, each spring.
The Bible says Isaac was spared, Genesis 22:7,13. Which is the true holy book?
In Daniel 8, there’s a prophecy of a ram that gets stomped and its horns are broken by a goat.The ram’s horns are the kings of Media and Persia. The goat is Grecia, Daniel 8:20,21
But Gabriel tells Daniel “the vision is at the time of the end,” Daniel 8:17. This implies a double application —once in history, and again at the end. So far this agrees with Islam. But the Medes and Persians are geographically Iraq and Iran.
Daniel 8:5 fits better now: The goat “touched not the ground,” Daniel 8:5. Desert Storm was the first war fought largely in the air. Alexander didn’t have airplanes, and Alexander didn’t come “from the face of the whole earth,” but the US coalition against Iraq did.
This information from a blogpost at http://WakeUpAmericaForTheEnd.com suggests
1. “What is to come has been already and God summons each event back in its turn,” Eccl 3:15 NEB.
2. We will go to war against Iran, and though it will be a bigger deal (“the higher horn came up last,” Daniel 8:3), Ahmadinejad will be like Saddam Hussein.
3. God says, “Who is like Me, declaring the end from the beginning” (Isaiah 46:10) and in the book of beginnings (Genesis 22) Isaac is spared by a ram sacrifice. Israel is spared by sacrificing militant Islam.
4. The Bible is the true holy book with a picture of God’s love not found in Islam or other world religions because, as in Abraham’s story of Genesis 22:7, “God Himself will provide a lamb.” (way of salvation further explained in Isaiah 53:2-7)
5. The part that may be hard for Muslims to understand is why God favors “the Great Satan” (United States) in a conflict with them. In the Bible, the ram is a more noble creature than the goat, and Islam hates the U.S. for all that it represents—Hollywood, crime, sex, violence, abortion, “music,” alcohol, drugs, tobacco, pork–things condemned in Scripture as “the world” that Christians also hate. But Daniel 8 is not about who God favors to win, but who He sees will win; the Bible is the true holy book.
For more information on Bible prophecy, listen to http:WakeUpAmericaForTheEnd.com Mondays at 3 PM Pacific, 6 PM Eastern.